My photo
I am a writer of novels, plays and film scripts. I live in Manchester England with my partner Andy and our teenage son Jack. Andy and I started my Newsletter Raw Meat and began publishing with Rawprintz in 1999 to showcase my work. Some of you may be confused by my continual references to Ziggy, that’s my wheelchair! Both Andy and I are writers. I’ve recently lost my sight – hence the continual reference to my being confused! Thanks for visiting.

My Comrades...

20.6.10

Mariana 1851

This one's also based on a Tennyson poem, it's quite different in style from Meteyard's - Millais being one of the original Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood. There's incredible detail in his work, he was very fond of copying from real life - in this picture he copied the stained glass windows from a college in Oxford. I can't remember anything at all about my version, so I can only presume I did it a long time ago! As in the Metyard picture I was drawn to Mariana because of the deep colour.

The original was painted in 1851
by John Everett Millais.

2 comments:

  1. You're getting quite an impressive gallery together now, Nic. I hope there is more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours and the window reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting please leave a comment.