My photo
I am a writer of novels, plays and film scripts. I live in Manchester England with my partner Andy and our teenage son Jack. Andy and I started my Newsletter Raw Meat and began publishing with Rawprintz in 1999 to showcase my work. Some of you may be confused by my continual references to Ziggy, that’s my wheelchair! Both Andy and I are writers. I’ve recently lost my sight – hence the continual reference to my being confused! Thanks for visiting.

My Comrades...

1.7.12

Floating...


FLOATING
All my life I have never been able to deal with
this idea of gravity pulling me down to earth,
so I still bear scars to remind me of it!
I love that sensation of floating so much,
whether in the water or in the air, I don’t care.
Even in my mind I can achieve this
by lying asleep and dreaming.
I may well need oxygen to keep me alive
but just to be floating is the real object of my life.
Thinking about this makes me think of Stan,
who will understand what I’m talking about.
I wonder if this is what the scientists were driving at
when they were so obsessed with flight.
I can understand this, though I have never
before had any time for science,
I don’t really think it’s scientific at all,
merely a way of living,
a sensation like that is such a beautiful one.
Thank you so much for listening to me, Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting please leave a comment.